Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bruised

I don't remember exactly how it happened. All I know is that when I climbed out of the pool my left pinky toe felt quite sore. Upon further inspection, I realized that I had somehow managed to bruise (if not break) the entirety of my toe. It was, and still is covered, in splotches of blue/black and deep redish purple hues. Somehow I had managed to injure myself at the pool. I'm guessing it is likely that it happened while I was jumping into the shallow end of the pool although I can't be sure. It's unusual though, because as often as I make a fool of myself with my klutsy nature, I rarely end up injuring myself, and I've been involved in some pretty ridiculous incidents. Thankfully though, I am able to walk on it so hopefully that means it's not actually broken.

On a happier note, I am definantly looking forward to working on our fantastic summer list. Hopefully it will keep us occupied for most of the time so I won't end up staring into space with nothing to do. Such always seems to be the risk with all of this freedom, a lack of things to do. Thankfully we have a pretty extensive list of summer activities. I am greatly anticipating color day.

I am already 2/3 through with the driving portion of drivers ed. Huzzah.


Poppy Shakespeare was phenominal! I just finished it the other week and I absolutely loved it. I definantly think that the ending really helped my opinion of the book. Which reminds me that I still have to finish One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Although, overall I have to say It's Kind of a Funny Story, is definantly my favorite relating to the subject, actually it's probably my all time favorite book. Reading Poppy Shakespeare though kind of got me thinking about those whom society deems as "mentally ill." What if some of these so called mentally ill patients are actually created by the workings of society. Maybe we only think of them in such a way because they do not fit in with our view of how other members of society should conduct themselvs. Maybe we create these classifications of others to make ourselves feel better about our standing in society. Maybe?

It's been forever since we made one of our lists so I'm going to make two:
numero uno is favorite smells:
1)the smell of a bonfire, it always reminds me of fall(pretty much my favorite season)
2)the smell of my granny's house
3)the smell of my pillow, it reminds me of sleep and calm.
4)any good smelling food, this would probably include spicey foods, and chocolate

numero dos is current favorite songs
1)the artist by the hush sound, love the lyrics
2)mariella by kate nash, i adore her voice, plus the song tells a nice little story
3)the car song by the cat empire

Happy Summer!

No comments: