Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nostalgia

Lately I've found myself daydreaming about various places. I keep being drawn back into memories of sugar creek in Turkey Run. Whenever I'm driving along the country roads and look out over the fields and see all the foliage I can't help but start thinking about our trip there. I start thinking about how nice it was to float down the river, surrounded by great big rock sides covered in trees. I remember looking into the water where you could see the roots twisting down into the hidden depths. I think about looking up at all those old bridges as our boat would lazily pass below. I have the greatest craving to go back. Road Trip?

I also find myself reminiscing about Europe. I really am in love with Estonia. All the winding twisted streets and old medieval buildings. So beautiful! Ah, I just get this great big ache in my heart whenever I think about it. It was the most perfect place ever. I loved being so close to everything. I could walk anywhere, visiting the old town or going to dinner in the more modern parts of the city of Tallinn. Or the park. The park was so close. I wish I lived in Europe. I could walk or take a trolley to the park every day and tour the grounds. Or sit around in the grass and paint. I want to go back. I miss it so much.

Sorry for being so negligent and not writing much on here. I've been busy in the evening looking up colleges. I really hope I pick the right one. It's kind of fun though. I'm definitely excited. But on the other hand I know I'll miss everyone so much. Yet, that distance that will exist once we all leave for college, it still hasn't registered yet. It still seems so far off. Enough college talk though, it's summer!

I miss you. We haven't done anything all week. I saw Kaitlynn Monday and we went on an adventure. Other then that though I haven't done much, except daydream about vacationing. Also, bigfoot hunting next summer? I hope you realized how incredibly serious I am.

No comments: