Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pumpkin

Last night was so much fun. It was definitely better than watching a movie because with those you are watching someone else's life. We were living our own instead! Ah, I love you guys more than food. It was simply amazing seeing Kaitlynn again and eating all that good food.

I'm home alone right now. I love it. I get to blast music and sing along. Although, I should be doing my project and studying. I'm really nervous for my music independent project. I wish I had remembered to bring my violin home.


When Dary and I were talking Thursday night, we both agreed this week had gone by super fast. Then we started wondering if time does actually collectively speed up. It's not just when you're having fun that it goes fast. I think time might actually slow itself down and then speed up whenever it wants. Like, those times when there were a lot of geniuses and many discoveries (like the Renaissance) they just had more time, and those times we think of as "Stupid years" (At this point, Darcy went "Yeah, like the 1920s!" I'm not quite sure why) just didn't have as much time. We always say those who accomplish a lot use their time well. But what if it's time that's using them? I remember talking to Kelsey and Erin the summer after my sixth grade year (they would've been just out of, um, freshman year, i think), and we all agreed that that year was really speedy. Maybe that's when our present age started losing time. But what is time anyways? planet movements? our clocks? numbers? I never thought numbers could completely describe something. For example, when someone says "I saw two people." There's so much more to those people than the fact that they were standing together. So maybe time has something else to it besides the numbers we try to capture it in. Like, some insane need to speed up and slow down willy nilly. What do you think?

I'm pretty excited for Le Trois's mock wedding this summer. I think Lydia's house would be a good place. Her parents wouldn't be that bad at all. Will Don might attack people with his fake gun, but you know, things like that happen. haha. Like when he tried to smother me with a pillow. Ah, good times.

Well, I really have to do that project! How about a quick list? Um, thinking, thinking, thinking-favorite English words?

1. Serendipity-Fun to say, comforting meaning
2. Catywampus-such a folksy word. my mom uses it all the time. I can't believe you grew up in Indiana and never heard it until me. Though, I guess your parents were raised further North, so it's really not your fault.
3. Superfluous-I love saying it. It just tastes good.
4. Notion-A Sadaka favorite

Perhaps is also a nice one, especially in the the song.





PS. It's interesting that you klutziness decided to reassert itself in a chocolate shop. Maybe it loves breakable things?

No comments: