Saturday, January 5, 2008

Vacation's Come and Gone Too Fast

Ah, New York was awesome as always. I know some people get sick of their families sometimes but i absolutely adore mine. It's always a blast. It may sound weird, but i feel so sad being back home. I always miss New York and my family when we leave though, and I will admit that I sometimes cry when we leave. Ah, it's so embarasssing though. And every year I tell my parents we should just move to New York. This year, I was half serious when I said it. I think if I was totally committed to moving up north that there's a chance my parents would follow through. The only person I'd really have to convince is Alex. But I know my dad would like to live up there. It's strange. When I got home I walked into the house and everything felt so surreal. It doesn't smell like home, it smells like some new house. And I stand there for a brief moment and think, this doesn't feel like home, this isn't home. It's too quiet. Too weird. I still haven't turned on the lights in my room. I'm afraid too, but why I don't know. I guess I'm homesick for New York. How did I get so attached to it? I don't get it though. I mean, I love my life here, my friends, and school and I would miss all of you guys so much(of course you'd be able to come and visit if we ever did move so it's not like i'd never see you guys again). Yet I still feel so desperate to move. Maybe it will go away as time passes. Oh I don't know. But it wouldn't be this year if we ever did move that's for sure. Besides, I got this pretty dress for a formal and it would be a shame not to get to wear it, haha. It's still all so confussing.

But overall my break was great. We saw the golden compass, went to my aunt and her boyfriend's house, went shopping, hung out with all of my family and celebrated christmas four times or something haha. It was awesome seeing my family and Alex and I hung out a lot of the time.

I haven't been able to check our blog much either so it's okay, haha. We're both slackers, nothing new there. Maybe we could do something tomorrow? IF you ever check this in time that is, haha.
P.S. Al and I got skinny jeans for Christmas too!

No comments: