Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thank God I'm Not Still Staring at that Coffe Cup

Thank you so much Sa, really I'm glad you came. I say that with complete sincerity. Community servicing was tres super! If it weren't for you I would probably still be awkwardly standing by that awesome orange lifty-thing staring at that coffe cup.

I think I'm honest with myself for the most part. I'm just scared of owning up to my emotions and whatnot to other people. I'm fearful of being judged. I'm glad I can confide in you though. It's a nice comfort. I just hope my mind doesn't become too overwhelming at times for you. Please tell me if it does. I'm looking forward to this honesty resolution; it could be quite interesting. I get what you're saying about how you present your emotions and opinions around different people. I try to stay true to what I believe, but at times it seems difficult to do that while trying to appease another who holds a different opinion, or that I don't fully represent myself in an "honest" light.

Let's face it Sara, we are dorks. We always have been and still are and quite likely will be forever more. On the plus side though, our dorkyness has most likely lessened over the years (at least I would hope so). Also, seeing as we're both dorks we're not alone in this awkward state of being. I've realized that there are parts of my personality that I'll always retain, no matter how much I mature and change over the years. Take dorkyness for example or my timidity (is that even a word?). I don't think I'll ever be able to completely change those aspects of myself, but at least I can try and handle them differently.

I watched Miltida on the television too!! Well, just the first part. Interesting coincidence. Or maybe not, television is pretty commonplace.

When you were talking about your preacher Sandi, at first I though you were talking about our combined personality. I started wondering when why we suddenly become preachers. Oh Sara, I don't think you're a hypocrite. You are an accepting and considerate person. Taking heart in what you believe in is not a crime. We are all free to worship as we choose and believe what we want. It's totally okay as long as you don't shut out the rest of the world. To be honest though, I think having similar concerns about being close minded is one factor that pushed me out of following a religion. That and I guess I just never felt like I belonged at church. I still have spiritual beliefs, but I just don't limit myself to a specific belief system. "Live and let live" has pretty much become my motto. Actually, I think it's really facinating to learn about other people's belief systems.

I'm sad the holidays are drawing to a close. Time is passing so quickly. I agree that we must live the remaining month of our sixteen year old selves to it's fullest. Although, I feel it would be prudent to get through finals first but after that I think we should definantly live it up and celebrate. End the sixtenth year of our lives on a blissful note. Also, ending it with sparkling grape juice is a must.

No comments: