Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What Now?

It's two o'clock in the morning. And I should be asleep. I know I'll probably hate myself for this in the morning. Staying up late. But my mind just keeps thinking thinking thinking. About the Past. And the Future. Everything. The interesting twists and turns of the past year.

I miss it. Senior year. I miss the people, the experiences. Even though I was so stressed. Even though I cried so much. And in front of people, my parents, so often. I hate that. Crying in front of others. It makes me feel weak.

I spent the night packing up my bags. But not collecting everything. Some things are staying behind. Reminders that I use to be a resident here. And that maybe, one day, I'll be back. But then, that day of return, seems so far away. Looking at those suitcases, that pile of junk that I will soon be hauling off with me in just over 24 hours....it doesn't seem real. So surreal, this day has been.

I miss Audrey already, and she hasn't even left.

Oh, and Callie. She's in Kenya now, but I can't believe it. I can't, its so hard to wrap my mind around.

These lavender walls, spotted with clouds. My little baby cranes. Will they miss me? Will they even be here when I come back? They must be. But will I even feel at home here anymore?

Think. Think. Think. It would be nice if I could turn my mind off right now and go to sleep. But it's so preoccupied. I never would have expected this. To have made this decision of where to go to school. To have made the friends I have. To have turned into this person that I am now. So different from my freshman self. Not even at the beginning of senior year though, would I have ever expected to have experienced some of the things I did this year.

Trepidation. What comes next? I don't want to forget the past. These people, who I care about so much. Yet, I want to move forward, in a way. I want to meet new people. Experience new things. All the same, its still kind of making me uneasy.

But I guess that's normal.

Its late. Lights out. I should be in bed.

Its not like we'll never meet again.

No comments: