Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Revival

I am listening to "First Day of my Life." It's the most adorable song ever. If I ever find a soul mate/love/whatever you'd call it, I'd like them to sing this to me, or play it. Whichever works. If only that were my life...but I have you as a friend so it's all good.

I am so happy for you and Joel though. He seems to be a thoroughly decent person. Very sweet. I think you two make a nice match. Please tell him I approve, and let him know that I just have trouble when it comes to civilized conversation, especially via the phone.

I love not having homework. I miss having free time. I must admit, I've been feeling overwhelmed lately (but I'm sure you've already realized this). All the stress is gone, for now at least. Despite this temporary relief, I've been feeling a bit 'blah' today. I can't explain it. I guess I'm just going through 'one of those days.' Whatever that means. I'm sorry if I ramble. It seems to me as if I hardly make any sense, but rather I spew random collections of words.

I don't think I could ever make it in the military. I could not bring myself to kill another human being, no matter how treacherous of a criminal they may be. I've realized that this life that we have right now is all that we can be sure of. There may be an afterlife, but it's not a 100% guarantee. That why we have to value the life we have now. This is our one for sure chance. Once, it's gone it could just be the end. I could never take that chance away from anyone else. Besides, what am I but a mere human being? Prone to bias. I have no right to make the decision of who lives and who dies. Besides, if one could kill so easily, would such action and insensitivity not level him or her with 'the bad guys'? How would we be any different from them if we were to succumb to such insensitivity and disregard for human life?

It's homeroom turkey time! I spent the other night scouring the old papers for a turkey, and finally found one. Yussef Hauss must rise to victory.

Shivers are running up my spin as my hair is still wet from the shower. Oddly enough though, I find myself enjoying this weather. I can't wait for snow, but at the same time it will be sad to see autumn leave. I love bundling up though, that's for sure. Sweaters, coats, mittens, and scarves! Oh, and really spectacular winter hats. Ah, and sipping hot cocoa or cider while wrapped up in a blanket reading a good book. How I love the cold...why am I so abnormal?

So excited, I have a bunch of CD's in at the library, including the new Margot album! I can't wait. Hopefully my mom will be able to swing by and pick them up tomorrow while I'm at school. I really want to hear their new album and see how it compares to the old. Their concert was amazing. It was the most blissful thing ever. The power of music. I especially loved singing along to their old songs. Thankfully they had the volume turned up pretty loud so that it drowned out my horrendous attempt at song.

This is where my ramblings end.

1 comment:

audreyandabby said...

I just listened to that song.
So good.
Did you watch the music video? Basically the most beautiful thing in the entire world.